It's ok to 'Cheat ' at the G Spot

'Cheat Night'.. Grilledcheezus!


Hungry supporters for Grilledcheezus sandwiches


If you’re looking for classic sautéed mushrooms, the G Spot food truck had this as one of their offerings for 'cheat night' on June 30, called #Cheese melts.  I realised that approximately every two weeks, there is a 'cheat event' going on at the G Spot.   I also figured out that you have a shorter waiting time if you arrive at 6 p.m. when the event is carded to start.  I collected my sandwiches in 20 minutes which was a vast improvement from my first experience with the Spot.  The crowd, I think, got the best of them. 

What amazed me was on that day, the weather was what we Trini's call, 'bucket a drop' rain up to dusk, even still, people came out and supported the venture.  This was a good indication that people, other than myself, L♥ve we belly! 


Bacon, Confit Mushrooms, Caramelized onions, Tarragon Poached Apples with Manchego Cheese on Biroche 

I thoroughly enjoyed these Cheese Melts! I received two savoury sandwiches for TTD55.00 and they smelt delicious.  The mushrooms and bacon were favourful  and cooked to perfection while the onions participated in a friendly exchange of flavours.  Unfortunately, I am still waiting for the taste of the poached apples.  Could it be that the mushrooms and bacon overshadowed the apple? Or is it that I was a little anxious and greedy? 

I must admit that I felt 'cheated' that I did not partake in the Tomato Basil Bisque that was offered on the menu. One of my chef friends accompanied me and purchased the bisque. A bisque as explained to me is a soup that is usually puréed, a thickening agent added such as a roux and a seafood element like shellfish, crayfish and roasted crustaceans.  He shared that the bisque was seasoned well but not thick enough for his palate. For me, it was a tad cold but tasty. I would have been none the wiser of its thickness requirement but happy for the experience.


Thankfully you can be a part of the experience around mid July.


Try them and let me know what you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drinks... A Trini twist

Bake and Shark... Think Asha's!

Yuh sweet like a sugar cane!!