The Youthful Vegan..

Meat? You do not need it my dear.

Vegan Caprese , Cashew cream in a Ciabatta bread sandwich
Source: The Youthful Vegan

I am what we say in Trinidad , a meat mouth.  If the meat done, the food done!  At this Green place, I didn't miss the meat.

The Youthful Vegan is a delightful spot for vegan, vegetarian and gluten free, health conscious lovers and there are stark differences between these three options.  
  • Vegan, emanates from strict vegetarian, therefore they will not use nor eat any animal products, including clothing.  
Vegetarianism is further broken into 3 distinct types:
  • Vegetarian : a diet that excludes all meat or flesh but may consume eggs and some animal by products such as diary.
  • Lacto-Vegetarian : will consume diary products with vegetables and fruits
  • Ovo-Vegetarian - will eat eggs with vegetables and fruits
Then we have the gluten-free observers who by choice or health issues will not consume gluten found in flour.

These terminologies were explained while I was taking in the urban oasis and marveled at the spread of  the organic meals. Maintaining the organic and think green vibe, the Youthful Vegan added flavour that is usually missing from vegetarian meals. 

Stuffed Bella mushrooms with vegan cream cheese and Basil Breadcrumbs

The baked stuffed Bella ( short for Portobello) Mushrooms were fantastic with cream cheese and Basil Breadcrumbs.  The dish was  delectable and very attractive.


Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate date frosting
Of course, there must be desert and these gluten free cupcakes were amazing!! I did not know that dates and chocolate can merge with happiness.  They tried to convince me that dates played a large part in the frosting.  I still have my doubts. 

My dear, you do not need the meat.

Salud!




Comments

  1. Will have to check out this place. Great write-up! - Gershia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a vegan but this makes me want to try and see how the experience will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gershia and Trixy and thank you for your comments. Let me know how it goes. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drinks... A Trini twist

Bake and Shark... Think Asha's!

Yuh sweet like a sugar cane!!