Aioli...



The 'star' of the show


Aioli…

I did some reading on the word ‘Aioli’ and discovered that the general meaning is a Mediterranean mayonnaise with garlic or simply called ‘the dressing’.  However, the French say that ‘it is the SOUL of the salad’.  This restaurant mirrors the SOUL of a meal.
 
The lounge is sophisticated and ideal for a meeting of the minds or moments when you just want to be spoiled.  Our server, Marvin advised on the meals that supported the SOUL and solved my silent mystery as to why he was highly recommended. A suggestion of sushi, pizza, ravioli, dessert and cocktails, seemed simple enough for me.  What we received exceeded my idea of simple. It was clear that Chef Johnny took great pride in his craft and as a benefactor, I felt compelled to save the moments digitally. 

Duck Sushi

I am a lover of Sushi, but served duck, that was a first. It was delightful and of course, I used chopsticks!  Drunken prawn pizette was a no-brainer as the idea of alcohol and shrimp together, is always a good thing.  Travelling onto stuffed Eggplant ravioli will guarantee head nodding, oohs and ahhs, coupled with a few ‘thumbs up’ for a plate that is delicious to the eye as well as your mouth.  I must admit that the star of the show was the Tiramisu served with a chocolate spoon.  My dears, it really does not get any better than that.  The decadence will guarantee that you leave the restaurant happy.  











Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
One of my ‘girls’ ordered a molten lava cake served on slate and I was floored. I will definitely have that another time.

















Question: Who have thought that a ‘Bubblegum’ cosmopolitan would be a hit?  Ladies, try it.

This dining experience was the perfect close to the day shared with beautiful friends.

Spoil yourself from time to time. It is a good thing and a good thing is a start of something great.

AND you can spoil yourself at home!  Aioli has packaged Ravioli at Adam's and Lotus Wares in Maraval!!

♥♥♥



Salud!

Comments

  1. I visited in March 2017. Excellent service. Will go again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molten Lava cake is a MUST HAVE! Any time, any place, BEFORE and AFTER the meal. As a matter of fact, skip the meal just have the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drinks... A Trini twist

Bake and Shark... Think Asha's!

Yuh sweet like a sugar cane!!